Re: vancouver update (long)

To: <Mowog1@aol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: vancouver update (long)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:40:49 -0400
Rick, Sounds like a great trip so far!! Although I must correct you. It
is "Devil's Tower" - not Table.  You should have considered going west
from Sheridan - up over the Big Horns - Down to Greybull and West to Cody
and Yellowstone. Much more scenic than driving across Montana (IMHO) The
state of WY being my old stomping grounds I could have given a few
insights if I had seen where you were going soon enough. On the return
trip might I suggest Rocky Mountain National Park as you go through
Colorado. From Grand Junction you can drive to the West (or is it south)
entrance and drive over the Longest Paved Road above timberline in the
world. About 12-13,000 feet. Simply breathtaking!!

Larry

>Yo chaps!

<SNIP>
>Our third mishap of the day happened here when the fuel pump on Dane's MGC
>failed. The Park Service kept a watchful eye on us (as did the four
>Presidents) as we did the changeover in the parking garage. We then drove up
>to Sturgis, SD with the intent of finding a burger and a beer. (No luck, but
>I did get a new Harley shirt.) We then drove up to Devil's Table, a
>fantastic
>sight at sundown. A stormfront soon came through, providing us with a great
>natural light show and a pleasant shower. We arrived at our motel in
>Sheridan, WY about midnight...about 650 miles for the day.
<SNIP2>>