Mechanic referral needed...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mechanic referral needed...
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:00:40 -0400
Good morning, MG list:

Does anyone have a reputable MG mechanic to recommend in the area of
Northern New Jersey, specifically, near Montclair, NJ?

In any case, since this is my first posting, let me introduce myself as the
owner of a 1974 MG Midget.  This week, the car developed a difficulty in
starting.  First two turns of the key got the starter cranking in the normal
manner.  One the third turn I got that pathetic click and hum that normally
indicates that my wallet will soon be lighter.

Have tried to examine the starter, distributer, and electrical connections,
but I am limited by my current lack of tools and an unlit garage.  The
Haynes manual indicates that sometimes the starter motor "sticks" and must
be dislodged with a spanner, but I could not determine whether or not this
was occuring.

Regards,

Charles D. Sorkin
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com