replacing voltage regulator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: replacing voltage regulator
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 23:28:22 EDT
Hi there fellow scions,
HELP
I've had the existing voltage regulator in my 66 B for 20 years.
Since I've been having this intermittant problem with the ignition light ( at
night; lights on; driving along at 2600rpms; I hear a click and the ignition
light comes on dimly.....oh uh, discharging.......only to return to normal
much later ), I bought a new regulator.
Is there anything that I'm missing? I replace the regulator and now the light
STAYS on. My car is positive ground and I thought that just merely swapping
out would be OK. Do I need to polarise the system?
TIA
Bob Stahlbush