Re: replacing voltage regulator

To: jello@ida.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: replacing voltage regulator
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:28:38 EDT
Hi Phil,
Thanks for the reply.
I've had the cover off the old regulator and cleaned the contacts already.
Also did some voltage checks at both the generator and the regulator.
At last check, the generator is charging OK.........with the problem present.
This makes sense since the generator was rebuilt a couple of years ago.
Voltage checks at the regulator showed the cut-off coil wasn't cutting
off......had to manually engage the contact.
I lubricated the contactor and cleaned the points. This worked for a while,
but the poblem resurfaced 2 weeks later......any suggestions after polarising?
Bob