Re: Oldest guys with LBC projects

To: <MGRagtop@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oldest guys with LBC projects
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 20:03:39 -0400
> ...And while we are at it, lets see who is in the younger set, after all,
> without new blood involved the hobby, it could fade away in time. I'm 32,
and
> while I know I am not the youngest here, I think I may be in that younger
age
> bracket of MG enthusiasts.
> Steve Bartley
> 1963 MGB

Hmm, I know I'm beat, but I held the title on this list for a few years.
Seventeen years of age, 4 (or is it 5 yet?) years on the list, MGB owner for
3 years, TR6 owner for 8 months...

As for the age brackets, the largest segment is definitly the middle aged
men.  I'll set that from 35-50, it is also the largest segment I see
purchasing parts.  However, today a kid and his mother came in and purchased
an MGB steering wheel (apparently for their father) but I saw the kid
wandering around looking at the cars outside our building, he was also in
the later years of his teenage life.  When I crashed my TR6 a few weeks ago,
a girl from HS gave me a lift home and her father has a TR250 (at least she
knew what it was!); another kid from HS used his fathers MG all the time,
but at my last meeting with him he bought a Mustang for his own car rather
than an LBC.

Is anyone attending the Heart of Bucks show on Sunday in Doylestown, PA at
CB West High School?  Quite a few of the TR guys are going, so there should
be a decent gathering of LBCs.  I'll be there...

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
Only 1974 Triumph TR6 @ Ithaca College