RE: Clutch gone. (?)

To: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>,
Subject: RE: Clutch gone. (?)
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 22:15:26 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 9 Jul 1999 22:07:00 -0500, Alan Lott wrote:

>Sounds like your throwout bearing is gone. Very common. Borg and beck ONLY
>if youre going back to "stock" on the clutch.

For the extra cost it seems worth it, if it is better.  Thanks.

>My own opinion is that either
>throwout bearing (ablative or roller) is ok, but many people swear by the
>roller-bearing throwout.

I don't know what you mean by the above, can you explain more?

>Don't forget to replace the pilot bushing while
>you're in there doing the clutch. I pulled the engine and transmission as a
>unit the last time I did it, but you can just remove the transmission if
>you'd like. Good luck.

Please tell me more about removing just the transmission.  There are
far fewer things to pull off going that route.  My books both indicate
that the engine must be pulled.

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren