Re: 64b value?

To: BDurgin1@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 64b value?
From: SpuriousV8@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:30:20 EDT
Well I have to coment on this one;

<< I don't have a B, but if I remember correctly the '64 would have the 3
main
 bearing engine.  This could be a bargaining point, as it isn't as durable as
 the newer 5 main.  Use your Moss or Vic. Brit. catalog to get a list of
parts
 that will definitely need to be replaced and add up the cost.

I have had a 1964 MGB 3 main, for 8 years now, and  run it just as hard as I
run my V8, I have never had a problem  aside from needing to be rebuilt after
30 some odd years of driving the roads on the east coast. This is a fantastic
little engine that for some reason, people think they have to baby them. I
would never consider any price differance to the lesser due to an MG having a
3 main.
Jim Brucato
1980 MGB V8,,,,,,,, Sunning in beautiful South Florida, Just back from a
Breakfast Run with the "Gold Coast Truimph Club" Yes, they accepted my MG as
an honored guest. So TR Jokes were kept to a minimum, Very Nice Cars and a
nice ride too down A1A.
1964 MGB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sleeping in NJ, dreaming of Florida Warmth and new
sheet metal. With 3 Main Engine,that loves to run.