Re: HELP!!! (Electrical Demons)

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@netdoor.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HELP!!! (Electrical Demons)
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:06:12 +0100
Temporarily replace the fuse with a test lamp, turn on the ignition and the
lamp should be glowing brightly.  Pull the green wires off the fuse block
one by one until the lamp dims noticeably or extinguishes.  Replace the
other green wires, find out which circuits work and which don't, then
consult the diagrams to see how many 4-way connectors there are in that
circuit.  Reconnect the green at the fuse box which should make the test
lamp go bright again, then pull connectors at 4-ways and components until
the you isolate the component/wire that is causing the problem.  One thing
to be aware of, though.  If it is a chafed wire you will probably 'clear'
the fault while poking about in the harness, only for it to reappear again,
so persevere.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/