RE: OT! - Scholastic Letter of Recommendation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: OT! - Scholastic Letter of Recommendation
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 22:47:26 -0400 (EDT)
Ross,

I'm in the Air Guard, and the new Air Force tattoo policy says no tattoos
on the hands, face or neck, and that the lower arms (visible in short
sleeves) can not be more than 25% tattooed (though whether they would ever
measure the surface area of each tattoo and the whole arm...no, as you
were, they just might...). Also, no visible tattoos can be more than a
certain size. Shortly after this policy was implemented, I went out and got
my first tattoo. It's a mouse with a sword, on my forearm, and it's about
five by two inches. I don't know if it's within the specific size reg or
not; I've worn short sleeves on duty since I got it, and the Chief (E-9)
took a sideways glance at it and said nothing. As far as I'm concerned,
they can throw me the f*ck out if they don't like it. I've had it with
Clinton's military, where he can try to weasel out of a lawsuit by claiming
to be the commander in chief and then not be court martialed for adultery.
I took an oath to the Constitution first (even though I understand he tried
to have that part removed from the oath as too troublesome for us ordinary
people to concern ourselves with). I understand that they (the government)
are paying to remove pre-existing tattoos, though. I don't think readiness
has anything to do with it, the Air Force side, at least, says it has to do
with military image. (Since when are tattoos on us enlisted folk contrary
to military image?) Then they say it has to do mostly with the profusion of
gang tattoos, not the traditional anchors or eagles, but they have to go
after everyone in order to be fair. This might be my last enlistment, and
I'm only a part-timer, I can't imagine what the full-timers are going
through. Sorry for the rant, and in front of an officer and all, but that's
the privilege of the enlisted, right, Cap'n Ray?

Nevin