Re: WHEEL PAINT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WHEEL PAINT
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 22:32:57 -0400
> Thgun@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I would like to paint my wheels with the tires on. Can someone give me
> > guidance?
> > What paint should I use?
> > 57 MGA Roadster.
> > Thanks, Thgun@aol.com

  Alot of people use the Moss silver. John Twist uses '75 Ford Granada
silver but that 's probably not easy to get. I have used the Moss and it
was fine but this year I used the Eastwood detail silver and was very
pleased with it. It also costs $6.50 a can (half the cost of the Moss
paint)(sorry Kelvin). After painting three or four coats of that I use a
couple of coats of Rust-oleum crystal clear coat. I am sure there are
better clear coats out there (Eastwood has one) but I got the rust-oleum
because it was ten minutes away at the Wal-Mart.
Carl