RE: Stainles system:

To: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Subject: RE: Stainles system:
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:14:51 -0700
Jon:

        I had a stainless down pipe on my 65B.  I had a similar complaint.
A high pitched pinging from the downpipe that sounded like a leak.  I came
to the conclusion that the stainless steel pipe was unable to damp the high
speed pulses from the engine.

        I have heard many comments from others who do not like the sound of
the stainless systems.  I'm kinda worried as I have put together the bits
for a stainless system for my Jag 3.8S.

Kelvin.