Re:

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re:
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:33:16 -0400
There was a PBS special out several years ago called "The story of
English".
I speak with a pronounced mountain dialect.
I was stationed in Great Britain and housed on the RAF base at Brize
Norton.
Those of you who are thinking "yeah so",  please bear with me.
 According to this PBS special, the way I speak is, more than likely, how
the English spoke several centuries past.  When they settled the colonies
there were those that moved to the mountains.  As time progressed the
language changed, but time and progress went around the mountains and  a
lot of the dialect stayed the same, (over yonder is a good example).
I relayed this lengthy and boring storing to one of my fellow officers in
the RAF and his response was "thank God we evolved".
THANKS!
Mike