Re: Be Aware (Beware????) MGB Peco Exhaust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Be Aware (Beware????) MGB Peco Exhaust
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 14:38:11 EDT
Have you folks bought the single or dual muffler model? Are you running
headers or stock manifold?
I have a single Peco and matching header on my roadster and it is almost too
quiet, at least as mellow as my not-new/not-old stock system on my GT is. No
one looks when I go buy, and I can hear every blessed tappet in my motor...
I am running a 270 cam ported head, and have port-matched intakes and
exhausts, but nothing else that isn't stock. I'm wondering if the header or
head modifications have any effect here???

From: "Eric Zambori" <eaz@snet.net>

I agree, the Peco exhaust is too loud.
I installed mine and ran it for two weeks and then decided it had to come
off.
I put the original system back on.
When you drive an MG you should be able to hear the tappets ticking at idle!

Anyone want to make me an offer on a two week old Peco exhaust?

Eric Zambori