Re: [MGC Brakes]

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@kih.net>
Subject: Re: [MGC Brakes]
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 12:55:33 -0700
Re-using Castrol LMA is a bad idea! Non-silicone brake fluid is very
hygroscopic and absorbs moisture from the air very rapidly. As someone else
suggested in a separate post, that may be contributing to your problem.

I'd be inclined to buy a big bottle of LMA, drain your present system, then
keep pumping and flushing and bleeding until you have clear fluid in the
reservoir and coming out at all four bleed nipples. Then keep an eye on the
reservoir. If the fluid starts to go black again within a few months, then
either your seals or your hoses are deteriorating.

Lawrie