Brake Line cap Expedient?

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Line cap Expedient?
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 21:33:50 -0500
Has anyone come up with a convenient and easy-to-find expedient for capping
off brake and clutch lines? Something one could find at the local auto or
hardware store?
I've yet to find purpose-made caps at the auto store, or should I actually
ASK the clerk? I've tried various things, and they never seem to fit tightly
enough.
I thought briefly about using modeling clay or play-do...but that might gunk
up the threads, and probably not stop fluid. Rubber bands and plastic bags
aren't the trick -- need something to cap off the line real quick-like.
Just wondering. I'm going to install my White Post brake M/C tomorrow!
TIA
Dan
73 B