Re:

To: "Florrie & Allen Bachelder" <bachldrs@swva.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:20:08 +0100
In my experience a long pedal that goes short after a quick pump is a
symptom of air.  A sympton of slack rears is if the pedal shortens when the
handbrake is pulled up.  Bleeding these brakes is a bit of a pain and there
has been much discussion about what technique and tools to use.  After
working on the brakes I have found that repeated bleeding always seems to
get some air out, but there always seems to be some left.  I have also found
that left to its own devices for a couple of days it will harden up.  Now I
know that it would be easy to 'get used to' a long pedal but I drive two Bs
so I have a comparison.  The latest recommendation I read was to let the
brakes drip-bleed while you stand by the M/C topping it up rather than
pressure-bleeding.  Haven't had the opportunity to try it myself yet.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/