Re: [soft brake pedal]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [soft brake pedal]
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:17:42 -0400
Thanks, Max.  ' Thought I would pull the rear drums and see if there's
anything askance back there.  Anybody: Is it possible that this could be
caused by worn shoes, such that no matter how high the adjusters are set,
there is too much piston travel?   ' Have a new set of brake shoes in the
garage - I could put 'em on just to see.

>From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
>
>You know, I've had this symptom since I replaced the rear cylinders a few
>months ago. The pedal is squishy at first pump, but a second pump is rock
>solid...
>
>Apparently it's not uncommon to have a stubborn air bubble. Some people
>suggested leaving a bleed nipple open for a few hours or even overnight.
>
>BTW -- do look at that other rear cylinder. And don't assume a 2-year-old
>hose is good, either. Mine only lasted about that long. Next time I'm
>getting the braided steel ones.
>

>Florrie & Allen Bachelder had this to say:
>
>>' Sorry this is rather long, but I need some advice.  Back in May I started
>>having problems with a soft low brake pedal on my '76 B.
>[snip]

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         New Castle, VA 24127