Re: '70 B running out of "soup" at about 4500 rpm

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '70 B running out of "soup" at about 4500 rpm
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 15:48:36 -0700
FWIW the horsepower peak is supposedly at 5400, and the torque peak is at
3000. I don't do any dirt tracking, but my completely stock engine 66B
pulls strongly up to the yellow line at 5500 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (never
tried it in 4th for obvious reasons). So I suspect you have some sort of
problem, but I couldn't say whether it's the altitude or something else.
Maybe you need to try a road trip down to sea level?

Andrew B. Lundgren had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149