Re: '70 B running out of "soup" at about 4500 rpm

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Subject: Re: '70 B running out of "soup" at about 4500 rpm
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:41:04 -0600 (MDT)
Andrew,
I am in Boulder so I know what you mean about the altitude, but my 71 will
run right up to redline in all four gears with a bone stock motor.  Are
you talking about problems in the mountains or out on flatter land?  The
four speed definately gets worked in the mountain roads, but still it
should have the guts to redline it.  I think that first things that you
should check are the fuel supply (can the carbs get everything that they
want) and the throttle links.  Make sure that they are adjusted so that
the pedal is able to open them up all the way.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT undergoing V8 conversion for autocrossing