RE: off list for a while (was:Re: Bad shock from O/D.)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: off list for a while (was:Re: Bad shock from O/D.)
From: "Walt Goddard" <waltcpa@sierra.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:05:45 -0700
To all:

thanks for the many suggestions about my "shocking" experience.  I believe I
must have disconnected/shorted/switched a wire somehow when I "repaired" the
switch/knob.  Seems really strange that the shift lever is not grounded so
that may be a place to start.

Anyway, my daughter is about to head out for a year and a half tour with a
singing/dancing/stage play group and that means the MG is MINE!! hehehehehe
Blessed are those who stay behind!!

Now I will fix that shocking problem before driving, as well as a backfire
problem, leaking brake M/C, lousy heater, steering rack boots, etc. etc.
etc. that have been put on hold because we didn't have enough (working)
transportation to go around.

So, armed with almost two years of downloaded information from this list
along with a Haynes manual, a few tools, and an intense desire to have an
automobile that runs and drives like it should, I am going to spend several
weeks (months?) in the fix-up process.  I will, of course rely on you all
for needed information and good advice as things progress, but will not be
visiting daily since time will be spent working on the B.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, good advice, tips, tricks, etc and
I'll see you "over the windshield."

Walt Goddard
waltcpa@sierra.net