Re: Mice & Critters.....

To: "Todd & Deb Tweedy" <lulusam2@sparc.isl.net>,
Subject: Re: Mice & Critters.....
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:04:52 -0700
All of our MG's are year-round daily drivers, but here is how my
father in law stores his Jag E-type over the winter (also in a steel shed).
To the best of our knowledge he has never had a critter problem using
this method.

1. Put a couple trays of moth balls in the car.  (These seem to help
keep most critters out of the car.)
2. Put at least one maybe two Dry-Z-Air de-humidifiers in the car to
help keep it nice and dry.
3. Park the car on top of a big tarp.
4. Put your favorite car cover over the car
5. Pull up the sides of the tarp you parked on and use bungee cords
through the tarp eyelets and over the top of the car to keep the tarp in
place.
6. If your problem is particularly bad you might want to stuff rags in the
exhaust
pipe and any other significant opening into the car to make it harder for the
critters to get in.  Don't forget to remove them all in the spring though. :)

This seems to work well up here in Washington.  Most critters do not bother
chewing
through the tarp.  And those that do seem to be turned off by the moth
balls.  The
de-humidifiers eliminate any moisture that might typically be trapped by
the tarp.
For best results check the de-humidifiers every month or so to empty the
collected water
and make sure they still have some of the de-humidification chemical left.
That's my .02c

-JW

At 09:43 PM 7/19/99 -0400, Todd & Deb Tweedy wrote:
>How dose one keep Mice and other critters out of our precious LBC's during
>the winter?  I have a client who stores there 78 B in a steel shed.  Its out
>of the rain and snow,  but the mice think its the Holiday Inn.   I have been
>lucky (spoiled) to have a three car garage where mice have not been a
>problem.  Help!!!
>
>Thanks
>Todd
>69' MGC