Re: Bleeding brake and clutch systems

To: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Subject: Re: Bleeding brake and clutch systems
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:02:35 -0600 (MDT)
The best method I have found is to gravity bleed them first.  This method
isn't perfect but it doesn't require you.  Just fill the M/C and open the
bleed screws and walk away.  Check on it every once in a while and top up
the M/C. Once a reasonable amount of fluid has accumulated in your catch
can then begin bleeding in standard way.  I have used the MityVac as an
alternative to the gravity method but I have never attempted to do brakes
without pumping the pedal.  The time honored method provides much peace of
mind.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT undergoing V8 conversion for autocrossing