Re: Front wheel problems MGA

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front wheel problems MGA
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:41:08 -0700
I'm afraid it sounds like a wheel bearing to me, too. If it's anything
like the B, replacing the wheel bearing is pretty straightforward except
for the shimming process to get the end float right. You'll need to look
up the procedure -- my advice is to get plenty of shims in assorted sizes
because it is a pain to get stuck just because you don't have the right
combination.

Another possibility is the that the knockoff nut is loose (if you have
wire wheels). Or are you the party that had the broken wheel stud? I
would think that being short a stud could cause some wheel wobble.

Parker J Whiteway had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149