RE: Lead Loading Bodywork

To: "Mg List (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lead Loading Bodywork
From: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:25:03 -0500
I have to agree, john. I used both techniques recently on my '71B and
although the "bondo and spot filler" came out fine, the lead was much, much
easier to use with respect to getting an incredibly smooth finish and
transition. I also took the time to do one bad-spot on the car using only
"hammer and dolly" to achieve the repair. It definetly took a bit of time to
understand how to do it, and then more time to actually fix the spot, but I
must say that every time I look at that spot on my car and marvel at its
perfection (with absolutely no filler), my sense of pride and personal
accomplishment is almost overwhelming.

~alan
'71B