RE: Jag XKE

To: "Mg List (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Jag XKE
From: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:16:20 -0500
I have to agree with much of what trevor said in his earlier post, but also
have a possible option. About a year ago I was considering doing a serier II
roadster. What I decided to do was to find a "complete" basketcase with as
much body rust and damage as I could find (in order to reduce the price).
There is a company in texas - I'm still looking for my bookmark - who will
sell a complete e-type body shell for around 10,000. this would be similar
to buying an MG heritage shell. So, you simply (poor word choice) transfer
parts to the new shell, refurbishing or replacing as necessary. If youre
lucky, you'll do the whole thing (your labor is free) for less than 25,000
(you can buy one already done for about the same money). Personally, I'd do
it myself just because I love doing the work, regardless of how challenging
it is. My .02.

~alan
'71B

Reply to:
Alan Lott
GTA, Auburn Univeristy
Department of Rehabilitation and Special Education

My Office-      (334) 844-2103
Department-     (334) 844-5943
Fax-            (334) 844-2080