RE: Car Plumbing and Teflon Tape

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: RE: Car Plumbing and Teflon Tape
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:51:51 -0700
Bob:

        The oil cooler lines have spherical sealing surfaces.  Putting
Teflon tape on the threads will not help them to seal.

        The teflon tape may be helpful in reducing bi-metalic corrosion
between the alloy cooler and steel line fitting threads tho'.  A single wrap
on the threads of the cooler may reduce headaches at a future date when the
fittings need to be undone.  Do not allow the teflon tape to get onto the
spherical sealing surfaces.

Kelvin.