Re: suggestions on threaded plugs -- MGA 1500 block

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: suggestions on threaded plugs -- MGA 1500 block
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:16:00
At 11:34 AM 7/26/99 PDT, Simon Matthews wrote:
>I have removed the plugs at the ends of the oil galleries on my spare 1500
MGA block. Now, I have read suggestions to thread the holes and use a
threaded plug -- any suggestions on exactly what type of plug/threads to use?

Tap the block for tapered pipe threads and use flush fit hex socket pipe
plugs, and a little teflon pipe tape to insure against leaks.  Size of
thread and plug required depends on the size of the hole you need to close.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg