Re: Best year BGT

To: Lec089@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best year BGT
From: Ericsmgs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:02:51 EDT
The best year BGT is the 67, say, like mine!  British Racing Green, the
works.  67 was the last year (according to purists) of the true British
sports car, before export regulations started affecting the car, emissions
equipment starting drowning the engines, and Ralph Nader started affecting
all automobiles.  The metal dash, toggle switches, 3-synchro with is short
shift throws all make for a neat car.  The unobvious mechanical differences
such as the nitrided crank, double valve springs, double roller timing chain
and studded mains (ilo bolts) also make the engine just a bit tougher, too.
And don't forget, last year for positive ground.  Besides, the car just looks
great in BRG with wire wheels.  Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to
it!

Eric Swanger
So many cars, so little time.....