Vinyl care

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vinyl care
From: DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@yr.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:26:18 -0400
          What Andrew says is consistent with what I've heard - silicone is
          the culprit.  303 does not contain any silicone and the results
          are as good as, if not better, than son-of-a-gun, armorall and
          other silicone based stuff.  I've been using 303 for several
          years and am real pleased with the result.  Another benefit seems
          to be that 303 does not attract dust and other debris like
          silicone sprays.

          Let me quote the 303 scriptures:

          "Virtually all vinyl manufacturers agree that no type of oil
          should be used on vinyl. Silicone oil vinyl treatments should not
          be used for several reasons; 1) Silicone oil formulations
          typically attack the vinyl topcoat, 2) Silicone oil formulations
          usually contain no effective UV screening ingredients, 3)
          Silicone oil formulations are build-up products which accelerate
          heat damage, 4) Silicone oil formulations are greasy and oily,
          attract dust, and soil more quickly. READ THE LABEL! Product
          directions suggesting more than one coat for better cosmetic
          enhancement are build-up products and are recommended against by
          vinyl manufacturers." Yadi, yadi, yadi ... for more see
          http://www.303-products.com/

          BTW, I'm on the digest so if anyone has already mentioned this

          Dr. Doug