Re: Arrrrgggggghhhhhhh

To: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Arrrrgggggghhhhhhh
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:42:59 -0700
On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 12:06:23AM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:

>   AAAaaaaaRRRrrrggGGGhHHhhHhhhhhh!!!!!!........

The good news is that I'm a tard with cheap tools. I took the
block and pistons down to the machine shop this morning and had him
measure them with something more accurate than my cheap plastic
calipers.

The "problem" was simply that the rings need to be filed to fit.
Note: the dimple goes up.

I've had my assumptions confirmed by ARP. They send out kits with
a piece of paper saying; use these specs and a little of their lube.
I suspect that Seven buys the fasteners in bulk and just sends out the
page from the catalogue with typical specs for each of the fasteners.
If they sent me the lube, it got lost years ago.

I hope that my making a fool of myself over these issues will at least
help someone else have a clue or two whenthey go to build a |<()()|_
motor will all the Trick Racing Shit.

    Larry