71 & 73 B carb adjuster

To: MG Mail List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 71 & 73 B carb adjuster
From: Dennis Calehuff <calehuff@csrlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:01:00 -0400
Hi, well I'm going to try to adjust my own carbs, but I need a
"adjusting tool"/  I think it is one that measures the amount of vacume
that the carbs are pulling?  I would like to buy one, but not an
expensive one.  Daoe anyone have any recomendations where to purchase
and what model?

Next: I starting a major re-do of the 71.  Motor and trans are out
windshield,trunk fenders ond bonnet are off.  The wishbone part of the
suspension looks a little out of round (worn, I've heard that is a
common thing on the MG's).  Someone suggested to just weld a washer to
the wishbone and it is as good as new???? However they are not too
expensive, so maybe new would be that much better??

How about a parts wharehouse, is Moss the main one??
Thanks for any answers, you'll probably be hearing a lot from me as the
time passes, especially with the 71, (a multi year project for me)!!  PS
I've taken lots of pictures as I taken everything apart so far.