Re: Questions-re Twist's detox procedure- Whoops

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Questions-re Twist's detox procedure- Whoops
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 11:00:29 -0400
I came across a diagram in Bentley that answered question #3, but still,
any thoughts about my second question?
It remains.

At 05:50 PM 7/31/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi gang,
>   Just finished "detoxing" a '76B in prep for a Z-S to Su conversion and
>ending with 3 questions.  Help answering them would be appreciated.
>1. Am I correct in that one of the tubes coming from the EGR valve stays open
>to the atmosphere? That is what Bentley says (p.283), but the open tube looks
>odd.
>2. A small tube from the Gulp valve to its other end at the Intake
manifold remains
>after the Gulp valve is removed. What happens to this tube and to the hole in
>the intake manifold?
>3. Another long rubber tube runs from the intake manifold from a position
>approximately between the bolt holding the gulp valve bracket and the hole
>with the 90 degree fitting. It runs to the other side of the motor. I think I
>accidently disconnected it. Any guesses where it might go and what it does?
>
>TIA,
>sweating Bill in >90 degree weather for umptold days

Dr. Bill Saidel
Assoc. Prof.                      Vocal phone   (609) 225-6336
Department of Biology             FAX  (609) 225-6312
Science Building                  email:  saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
315 Penn St.
Camden, NJ 08102 -1411
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Between the approximation of the idea and the precision
of reality, there is a small gap of the unimaginable."
Milan Kundera - "The Unbearable Lightness of Being"