Re: sputters out????

To: mcjsr@talstar.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sputters out????
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:08:58 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/99 3:18:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mcjsr@talstar.com
writes:

<< I have only had her on the
 road for a few seconds, and found that the clutch was slipping, it would
 engage, but it would slowly disengage, even as the pedal was still
 depressed, so I have the master and slave repalcements on the way. >>

Don't forget, the clutch is engaged when at rest.  You press the pedal to
disengage it.  If the hydraulics were at fault, it would not disengage
slowly...but it would engage slowly while you held the pedal down.

I doubt that the MC or slave cyl. are at fault.  I would look for oil on the
clutch plate or a worn out clutch.  (Sorry!)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport