Re: No oil pressure

To: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No oil pressure
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 04:55:01 -0700
I'll just lump the responses together.

1) Yes, I made darned sure that I had the right gasket. Back when I
lived with Paul Kile in Davis, he rebuilt the motor in his MGBGT and
could not get any oil pressure.  After pulling the motor, we found
out that he had used the wrong gasket.  I learned that lesson.

2) The block is quite bare, no plugs, water pump, alternator etc.

3) It seems as if the culprit is the sender.  I realized that with
the type of pump, oil won't just flow backwards, it's necesary to
turn the motor backwards to pump the oil backwards to get it to
where it's actually priming the pump rather than just filling the
lines.  I saw the oil level in the cooler line going up and down
depending on which way I turned the motor.  Cranking still gave
no pressure, but when I disconnected the line, it did pump oil out
onto the ground.  So the pump is pumping.

4) Are there any brands of guages that people reccomend, or disreccomend
in particular?

    Larry

--
"I actually like granola".   -Geoff Miller
lrc@red4est.com                                 http://www.red4est.com/lrc