Re: No oil pressure

To: lrcar@red4est.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No oil pressure
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 23:24:50 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/99 9:04:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lrcar@red4est.com
writes:

<< he motor is in.  I don't have carbs or ignition hooked
 up, I just wanted to get oil pressure before firing it up
 so I tried cranking it on the starter.  The needle won't
 budge.  I grounded the sensor wire and the guage read pressure.
 I tried squirting oil down the oil cooler line back into the
 line that is connected to the oil pressure guage.  Disconnetcting
 the O.P. sender I don't even get any squirting out the lines.

 Any ideas?  Short of pulling the motor and trying another
 oil pump? >>
Geoff,
 are you Very Certain that you have the correct oil pump gasket
installed..there are two types, for two types of pumps..later model B's use
the gasket with one hole in it.
yours,H4(Howard)