RE: Congrats to Parker Whiteway

To: "'KGROWLER@aol.com'" <KGROWLER@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Congrats to Parker Whiteway
From: "Nigel Geach (CRFPULP)" <Ngeach@fccl.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:04:20 -0700
Hi, list,
I recall my first MGA trip back in 1966, which was a non-stop run in pouring
rain (we did have a top) from Paris to Northern Spain (yes, we drove all
night, too) in my cousin's 1600 ( I forget the year, but it's licence was
759 WAR ). We kept blowing wiper fuses, which made driving difficult, to say
the least. Finally tracked the problem to the choke cable somehow shorting
out the electrics. We fixed it with electricians tape. Further testimony to
Lucas, Prince or Darkness!
Cheers,
Nigel Geach
'46 TC (#0710)