Re: Congrats to Parker Whiteway

To: <KGROWLER@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Congrats to Parker Whiteway
From: "Gordon Bird" <gobird@vbe.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:19:56 -0400
Reminds me of first long trip in an MGA, @ 1970, spring break in Florida.  A
buddy and I took off at the last minute from Michigan.  Most memorable was
using the hand crank to start it, just for fun, and watching people watch
us, then look at the license plate, then the hand crank...
Of course leaving Cincinnati northbound with $.11 in our combined pockets in
a driving snowstorm that lasted till we got home was noteworthy as well.
Thank goodness for the carload of ladies who were following us just in case
of trouble!  The ladies always have liked the LBC!
Great job Parker!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'86 Audi 4000CS Quattro