Re: Running-on

To: "earl e. chandler" <peter@evansville.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Running-on
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 20:31:50 +0100
Is this the coughing, spitting, shuddering-type running-on i.e. Dieseling?
Or smooth, normal idling?

If the former then I suggest the anti-run-on valve isn't working or it's
connected up incorrectly.  If the latter then it sounds like an alternator
problem, frequently cured by putting a diode in the ignition warning light
circuit (ugh), or an ignition relay problem.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
or if that doesn't work try
http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1