Re: head rest

To: john@rmartin.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: head rest
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:25:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/99 4:01:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, john@rmartin.net
writes:

<< Is there any easy way to temporarily remove the head rest on a '74
 B with out dismantling or destroying the entire seat??
 There is remarkably little information regarding MG seats.  >>

I can't say for sure, because I have a '77 Midget.  I heard that you just
pull real hard on the headrest to remove it.  After that, you can stick it
back in and it will come out easier next time, but still work okay.  I tried
it, and sure 'nuff, they came out when I pulled up hard.  (Watch where you
stand.  The force can knock you over!)

I don't know for sure, but the detent that holds them may be a plastic piece
that breaks when you do what I did.  To do it right, you really have to take
the whole seat apart.  I guess it depends on whether you are restoring a
concours quality car or just fixing your daily driver.

Good luck, and remember, YMMV,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport