Re: head rest

To: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: head rest
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:39:02 +0100
When I recovered my 73 seats (1973, that is) there was a piece of spring
steel in the tube in the seat back that pressed on to the shaft on the head
restraint, presumably so it says where put.  As I can recall no end-stop on
the shaft I can only assume that sufficient force will pull the whole thing
out, assuming you can move it at all.  You may be able to slide a piece of
thin steel strip down between tube and shaft (can't remember whether front
or back) to help free it up.

 PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )