RE: [mgs] stay rod

To: wizardz <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: RE: [mgs] stay rod
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:48:30 -0700
Paul:

        Agreed.  The earlier all synchro MGB's did not have provision for a
stay rod.  The cross member on my 70 B had no fabricated mounting points for
the stay rod.  I retrofitted an assembly from a later car, as I tended to do
a lot of hard dirt road driving (ex-rally driver).  I'm not sure when the
stay rod was introduced, although all rubber bumper cars I have dismantled
have it (makes sense, there is no other provision for restraining the power
unit).

        I have a box full of the L shaped brackets that you describe, which
indicates they did come on many of the chrome bumper cars.  They made dandy
light mounting brackets on my trailer.

Kelvin.