Re: compression?

To: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: compression?
From: "Terry O'Brien" <mgrepairs@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:13:37 -0700 (PDT)
scary?  upon my recent renewal of my 77B it tested 150, 150, 145, 150.
I did not oversize any components, but did go to a copper head gasket.
is there really and danger involved in such readings?  will it go down
in a few thousand miles?  anything I need to look for?  right now I'm
just enjoying that new car feel!

perhaps its just the 10W40 my original owners manual calls for in the
temp range I drive it in, ya think?

  PS, as I enjoy all the extra power the renewal has given, I think
about how little it cost me in actual cash outlay for all this long
term enjoyment.  the rings, bearings, gasket and machine shop work to
the head came to about $200.
--- John Walker <john@rmartin.net> wrote:
> IMHO generally anything over 100 psi would be
> considered pretty darn good.
> 140 is almost scary. :)
>
> -JW
>

> At 03:30 PM 8/11/99 -0400, wizardz wrote:
> >My '73 18V engine has a good 140 psi compression
> >is it true a '72 is only around 130 new and 115 psi
> would still be OK?
> >

> >Paul Tegler
> >1973 BGT - Daily Driver
> >1975 Spitfire -in Cherry Shape     1980 Spitfire
> w/  O/D - in re-hab
> >GT6 MKIII - in the works
> >email: wizardz@toad.net
> http://www.teglerizer.com