SU Problem

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Problem
From: "j r overcash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:26:36 -0400
Noticed fuel pouring out of the front carb the other day.  It was coming out
the vent tube.  So I took the carbs apart and boy was there lots of yuck in
the float chamber.  Cleaned them up and replaced the float needle valve in
each carb.  Set the float clearance, put them back together and the front
carb doesn't leak any more but the back one does.  Took it all apart again,
readjusted the float clearance, this reduced the amount of fuel coming out,
The faster the idle the less fuel.  Any suggestions?  Unless the float
needle is bad (it was new)I'm perplexed. I checked the floats too to be sure
there were no leaks in them!!

Thanks in advance

Ross Overcash,74B,NAMGBR 1172
Ayer, MA