Re: Dead C.......

To: "Todd & Deb Tweedy" <lulusam2@sparc.isl.net>,
Subject: Re: Dead C.......
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:20:17 +0100
If you get no ignition warning light, courtesy light, instruments or fuel
pump clicking then, with an electrical load switched on e.g. side lights,
track the voltage from the batteries, through the connectors, on to the body
and on to the solenoid.  From there track the thick brown up tp the lighting
and ignition switches and the four-way fuse block.  There is a sealed
four-way connection up behind the dash that feeds each of these but I have
never heard of one failing.

The reason for putting a load on is to detect any bad connection.  If you
have no load, then even with a very high resistance bad connection, you are
quite likely to 'see' 12v both sides of it.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)