Re: Parking brake arm rubs

To: "MG Mail list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parking brake arm rubs
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:40:27 -0700
??? Not sure if it's different in a 75, but I have a hard time figuring
how cornering can cause a component at the rear wheel to rub (since the
relative positions of the wheel, hub, brake drum, backing plate, and axle
tube are fixed). Regardless of whether the parking brake is installed
correctly, the clearances shouldn't change under cornering (except for
wheel flex & bearing end float, which would be a few thousandths at
most). I would be a little concerned about the condition of the wheel
bearing on that corner, assuming the lug nuts are tight. I may be
overlooking some other possibilities, but on principle "it just don't
seem right".

Joe Short had this to say:

--

Max Heim