Wheel cross ref.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel cross ref.
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:01:30 -0600 (MDT)
The full article was in Grass Roots Motorsports Jan/Feb 99 issue,
and there is too much info for me to type 'cause I don't have the
time, but here is some of the most common stuff.

4x4.5"
(4x114.3mm)

MGB/GT/V8 Medium offset
Volvo P1800 '68-'70 is only other car listed as medium offset
Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Eagle most 4lug models '83-'92 High offset
Mazda RX7 GSL-SE '84-'85, RX7 SE '86-'88, 626 '83-'87 Low offset
Mazda 323 '86-'89, GLC '81-'85 High offset
Nissan 240Z, 260Z, 280Z Zero offset
Nissan Roadster Low offset
Nissan 510, B210 Zero offset
Toyota Celica RWD Zero offset
Toyota Supra 4lug Zero offset
Toyota Corolla RWD Low offset

There are no figures given for what constitutes low, medium, and high; but
if I remember correctly (I can't find my notes) the B has .5 inches
offset, and they list that as medium.  Most FRD cars are high
and the hubs tend to be almost in line with the outer bead on the rim, so
in my opinion most of the high offset wheels won't work, but I don't know.
Between this and yesterday's post I think it should nail the wheel
question down.  BTW there were about 30 cars listed with our bolt pattern,
these are just the ones that most people look at (I ommited stuff like the
Colt and Geo Metro).

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT bastardization with big aluminum heart :)
'63 Buick 215 cubic inch 'heart'