Re: Slowing the Fuel Gauge Fluctuation on an LBC

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: Slowing the Fuel Gauge Fluctuation on an LBC
From: glen <glen@espressocom.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:00:01 -0500
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> Hold on a sec.  Back up a little before MGB times, say the '50s and early
> '60s.  Earlier LBCs did not not use hot wire actuated gauges or voltage
> regulators.  My MGA fuel gauge has the needle balanced between two opposing
> magnetic coils.  It reacts similar to a simple analog volt meter and dances
> around as fast as the fuel can slosh in the tank.

you're absolutely right. my '66 midgit has this balanced coil type and
it will jitter at the slightest little bump. i too was a little annoyed
by it at first and considered the ole capacitor damper, but over time i
got used to it and even a little fond of it. i just think of it as one
of those oddities that makes an lbc an lbc.

glen christian
'66 midgit