Re: You guys didn't say pulling the engine was so easy!

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: You guys didn't say pulling the engine was so easy!
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 10:33:21 -0600
I'm not sure which model MG you have, but I suspect an MGB.  No one said
quick, just easy.  It is easy - take off the carburation and exhaust (all
nuts bolts & cables), unmount the transmission and driveshaft (all nuts $
bolts), drain coolant, remove radiator, unwire, unmount engine, hook up to
hoist and pull.  It is usually about a 4 hour job in total.  If you have an
MGA it may be a little more difficult, because you have to lift or drop the
back of the car to get the right geometry to get the engine out of the
bay.  I am down to about 2 1/2 hours on the MGA - I had to pull it 4 times
last year.

Phil Bates