Re: brake switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake switch
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:28:33 -0500
At 10:21 PM 8/22/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how to get the brake switch out of a 72 midget.
>ps. everywhere I look switch is about 50.00   autozone has it for 36.00
>
>thanks
>
>steve

I imagine your '72 is pretty similar to my '74.  If so, I believe the brake
switch is on the left side of the gear shift lever pointing straight at
your right leg.  Disconnect the battery, take the shifter boot off and you
should be able to pull the bullet connectors apart and then use a wrench to
unscrew the switch.  I used a little coat hanger hook to fish out the wire
leads when they kept slipping out of my hands.  The alternative is to get
under the car and grope around which isn't a lot of fun.

Hope this helps.

Philip
1974 Damask Red Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
1973 Damask Red Midget - Project car
1960 BRG Bugeye Sprite - First up for restoration