Re: What does this switch do on my trans?

To: Mgbreh@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: What does this switch do on my trans?
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 02:42:49 -0700
On Sun, Aug 29, 1999 at 02:00:58AM -0400, Mgbreh@aol.com wrote:
> Hello guru's i have a 74 b that has a switch on the trans on the pass side up
> high near the shifter area its no the backup my 76 trans does not have this
> any ideas/ The wires on it are green & green with a yellow tracer it goes up
> near the fuse box.

What do  you mean your 74 doesn't have it?  If '74s activate the reverse
lights differently, then either you have an early tranny, or BL didn't
change the tranny when they changed the reverse light activation.

Does your tranny have what appears to be a second piece bolted on to the
back of it?  That would be an overdrive.  My tranny ('69) has two switches.
The reverse switch closes when the tranny is in reverse, the overdrive switch
closes when the tranny is in 3rd or 4th.

Hook an ohm meter up to it and see what gears it is closed and open in.

   lrc
'
--
 Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by
killing all those who opposed them.